Are You Excited For These 2022 Trends?
Happy New Year from all of us at Piper and Dune®. We wish all of you and your loved ones a very healthy and happy new year. We had a busy holiday season and we owe it all to you for your loyalty and for shopping locally and supporting our small business. I haven’t written in a long while, so there’s lots to catch up on!
I thought it might be fun to learn about some of the 2022 trends that we’re going to be seeing this year, but before I ramble on, please check out our Collection of Valentine’s Day gifts which is available on-line and in-store, so shop the collection now!
For those of you who follow @piperanddune on social media (and I hope you do), you know that I’m just back from Atlanta where my sister-in-law Kate and I were in search of new and exciting merchandise to fill the store. Before that trip I did a little marketing research to see what the experts are saying about the newest trends in color, styles, and lifestyle. For those of you who are curious, here’s what the experts are saying is HOT in 2022…There are four key themes: Living, Restoring, Connecting and Escapism:
- There’s a comfortable vibe for simpler times and a retro/vintage minimalistic style trend for 2022. Look for things that are unique. Plaid skirts, spikes (any kind, like those on this pearl bracelet by Luken and Co.), leather jackets, chunky mule shoes are all in and you will see them all mixed together.
- Parents want simpler times for their kids – tired of seeing their kids in masks and in front of an iPad or laptop. So, dreams of dragons and mythical creatures will be bigger than ever.
- Individuality is important in the home in 2022 – I’m excited about this, hopefully shopping at small, locally owned stores will be preferred over big box stores. Big box stores need to buy for the masses, whereas small stores can carry individual, unique items. For example, finding that unique ceramic piece that is locally made .
- Restoring – With so many people working from home, there’s a trend toward “relaxed luxury”, ethical and sustainable innovation, and finding space to think. Ensuring your personal wellbeing, being active, and proactive are also lifestyle trends. There’s also a movement afoot to rediscover your skills – fix something and make it last longer…
- Connecting – In 2022 there is emphasis on finding joy in everyday things, freedom of expression and being true to who you are - connecting to the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s and making memories about the things we have around us is important. People will say what they feel and will stand up for their beliefs to make a difference moving forward.
- Escapism – You will see products that are rich in multiculturality with global qualities and references to travel.
Are you curious about Colors and Style Trends in 2022?
- Each year a Pantone Color is selected as the primary color. The 2022 color is Pantone’s Veri Peri:
- Honey gold, rich cherry, faded blossom pinks, natural green tones, plaid, strong racing greens, mustards, rich blues emoji yellows, bright orange with softer colors and dark inky blue.
- Marbled designs, 70’s patterns, spray paint, fruit motif, doodles, squiggles
- Dry brushstrokes, tone on tone and imperfections are in, as are folklore items and typography reflecting elegant craftsmanship of quality items.
Be sure to “like” us/” follow” us on Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date with what is new at Piper and Dune®. Please remember that our Winter hours are now in effect. We are currently closed on Sundays and as we get closer to spring, we’ll re-evaluate the schedule once again. As always our online store is open PiperandDune.com
Thank you again to all of you for supporting Piper and Dune® Also, if you are interested in scheduling a “Shop Form A Cause” event to help raise funds for your charity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore What Excites You!
Chris and The Piper and Dune® Family
Source: giftsandhome.net, Americasmart® Atlanta