COVID-19 has us scared; it has upset our routines and our schedules, but it might just be an opportunity to do something new or tackle something that’s been on your list for a long time. So here’s a list of things that might help spur some creativity and distract you from COVID-19, maybe they will inspire you:
- Plant some seedlings indoors. Here’s a link to the Old Farmer’s Almanac that has some more information about what to plant and when you should plant your seeds. If you haven’t grown a garden in the past or you have limited space, try an indoor container garden. This might just be the year to grow your own veggies and besides, it's really fun to watch them grow.
- Do you have a junk drawer or a cabinet where all the plastic containers are thrown? Do some spring cleaning; clean out those drawers, cabinets and closets.
- Do you have a shoebox of old pictures you’ve been meaning to sort through? It’s a good time to just do it. This is a project that older kids can help you with too, and they will probably have a lot of fun reminiscing in the process. Your children or grandchildren will really enjoy seeing those old pictures that have been out of circulation for so long.
- Build a family tree and research the lives of your ancestors.
- Paint a room or a piece of furniture in your house.
- Play board games with your family.
- Organize your finances; help your young adult children establish a budget.
- Go for a hike - practice social distancing…
- Start a new hobby - learn to knit, paint, play an instrument, build something new… there’s lots of great “how to” videos right on YouTube.com or Pinterest.
- Plan a summer outing to have something to look forward to..
- Build a fire inside or outside in your firepit (depending upon the temperature), have a glass of wine, roast some marshmallows and relax.
- Have a family spa night.
- Practice Yoga, Tai Chi, Meditations (you can find guided ones on iTunes)
- Take a soothing bath. Check out Piper and Dune’s all natural and organic health and beauty products
- Do some early online shopping for upcoming celebrations or events- birthdays, communions, Mother’s day, Father’s day, Graduation - cross them off your list now. Many colleges and universities have cancelled graduations, so it’s nice to recognize those graduates and celebrate their accomplishments. Meanwhile, you will be supporting small businesses like Piper and Dune during these difficult and trying times.
We hope you find something that excites you and makes you smile.
Chris and The Piper and Dune Family